2016 Reunion - as of 8/25/2016
Here is the official schedule
- September 30 - Attend the No Host cocktails at Jack's Lobby Lounge at the Portola Hotel - this is a change as of 9/20/16 (formerly Doubletree) Two Portola Plaza, Monterey (at the end of Alvarado) at 6:00 P.M. You will find some snack food served.
- Oct 1 - While not an official reunion activity, you may wish to remember your kindergarten days wearing butterfly wings by attending the Butterfly Parade at 10:30AM beginning and ending in front of the Robert Down School.
- Oct 1 - Attend the Reunion Barbeque at Whispering Pines Park (on Pacific near Alameda St., Monterey) beginning at 11:00 A.M. Parking can be crowded - please car pool if possible.
- Oct 1 - The Heritage Society of PG has some events. A bus tour of Steinbeck and Ricketts PG. Limited to space. Also Artists in Chautauqua. See their website. Both Saturday and Sunday.
- Oct 1 - Your small committee will ride the coattails of the PGHSAA annual dinner dance if you wish a dinner option at the Monterey Elks Lodge.
- Oct 2 - Attend the PGHSAA breakfast at the Monterey Elks Lodge at 10:30 A.M. - 12:30 P.M.
- Oct 2 - The Heritage Society of PG has some events. A bus tour of Steinbeck and Ricketts PG. Limited to space. Also Artists in Chautauqua. See their website. Both Saturday and Sunday.
If anyone booked into the Monterey Tides and wishes to move and would like my assistance, please contact me 707-265-6385
Update on a possible cruise. In short, it doesn't look like the numbers/dates/locations are working out.
I'm thinking if I get enough "Oh, darns" that we could try again in a year or two out of a port like New Orleans or Miami. Make it worth our effort and wouldn't have to tie it to the dates of our reunion.
If anyone else would like to be involved, let me know.
Does it look like we are getting lazy in our old age. The answer is yes. We are trying to organize it so you can choose what to attend and what fits your budget. By doing virtually the same thing each year, we also can put it on with just the two or three of us that do most of the advance work and then the addition of those that can help the day of the event or shortly before. This way, even out of towners can pitch in.
- Class of 1966 reunion sign up form.
Signup forms for the PGHSAA are now available.
PGHSAA Sign up form for the Saturday Dinner and Sunday Brunch
PGHSAA Membership form
(You must already be a member of PGHSAA or sign up with this form to attend the Saturday Dinner or Sunday Brunch. Besides, their newsletter will help you keep up with what is going on.)
| Committee Members |
| Carol (Bradley) Lauderdale |
| Rick and Kathy Dreher - BBQ |
| Wally Gottschalk - Help with the BBQ |
| Clint Gruwell, Bonnie Bailey, Loretta Lewis Horne - Searching for the missing. I could use more help in this area |
| Tom MacDonald - Website, planning and mailings|
Add your name to this list of committee members. Email your offer to the Webmaster