2011 Reunion - as of 9/4/11
Note signup for the PGHSAA activities is soon approaching. Their deadline to receive reservations is 9/15/2011.
Here is the official schedule
- Oct 7 - Attend the No Host cocktails at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa (The former Mark Thomas) at 6:00 P.M. (The class of PGHS1971 is using the Portola Lobby Lounge so we decided to try something different.) They will section off a large portion of the Fireplace Lounge for us. If the weather is nice, you may wish to wander out to the patio adjacent to the golf course. You will find food served in the nearby Knuckles Sports Bar. Or use it later for a chance to play pool. Food is served in Knuckles until 11:00PM and they are open until 2:00PM.
- Oct 8 - While not an official reunion activity, you may wish to remember your kindergarten days wearing butterfly wings by attending the Butterfly Parade at 10:30AM beginning and ending in front of the Robert Down School.
- Oct 8 - Attend the Reunion Barbeque at Whispering Pines Park beginning at 11:00 A.M. As before, Rick and Kathy Dreher will be heading up the BBQ preparation assisted by Wally Gottschalk.
- Oct 8 - Your small committee will ride the coattails of the PGHSAA annual dinner dance if you wish a dinner option. I'll accept reservations and deposits.
- Oct 9 - Attend the PGHSAA breakfast at the Naval Postgraduate School beginning at 11:00 A.M. Again, I'll accept reservations and deposits.
I've left a message for the Hyatt to see if we can get any discounted rooms. Is anyone interested?
Does it look like we are getting lazy in our old age. The answer is yes. We are trying to organize it so you can choose what to attend and what fits your budget. By doing virtually the same thing each year, we also can put it on with just the two or three of us that do most of the advance work and then the addition of those that can help the day of the event or shortly before. This way, even out of towners can pitch in.
Here are the signup forms:
- Class of 1966 reunion sign up form.
- PGHSAA Sign up form for the Saturday Dinner and Sunday Brunch
- PGHSAA Membership form (you must already be a member of PGHSAA or sign up with this form to attend the Saturday Dinner or Sunday Brunch. Besides, their newsletter will help you keep up with what is going on.)
| Committee Members |
| Carol (Bradley) Lauderdale |
| Peter Currer |
| Rick and Kathy Dreher|
| Clint Gruwell|
| Wally Gottschalk |
| Tom MacDonald - Website and mailings|
Add your name to this list of committee members. Email your offer to the Webmaster